Optimizing content and overall visibility is a challenge faced by most small businesses that run a website today. This is mainly because they do not have the insider knowledge to stay on top. We are a digital marketing company in Pune handling various internet marketing issues every day which includes:
- e-mail marketing
It is quite surprising to see how many businesses have no understanding of what SEO actually means and also how to approach it. This article provides you the mantra for increasing your website’s online visibility.
In the vast sea of websites that ranges from media, e-commerce and informational websites to blogs and wikis, when it comes to search engine optimization it is often seen that most site owners use only a basic approach. All they do is submit their site to more than 200 search engines and boost these with some keywords and domains that may be related to the corresponding website. Some companies even visit blogs and forums which are related or not related and start fishing for links to increase their visibility unaware of the consequences. They end up making random, non-intelligent forum comments and submit links back to their site.
What do these companies do to increase visibility online? Well, simple they will purchase a marketing book and apply all the techniques and sit back, hoping that something will happen. This is often done by an IT person who has been told to optimize the company website, which is neither part of their daily routine or knowledge space.
What should actually be done? Instead of including these slapdash and futile attempts all you require is a strong, long-term commitment to SEO as it is very important to always stay on top of the search engines and their ever-changing, underlying landscape.
The one to optimize for is Google, the top search engine. It handles over 50 percent of search traffic and utilizes more than 100 algorithms to track and manage the following:
- HTML content or “on-page factors”
- External profiles or “off-page factors”
- Link architectures
- Popularity and Reputation
- Page Rank calculation which is a complex site voting system
- Web bots.
All the content that is gathered from spidering search-friendly sites gets stored into “index” which are huge databases on a powerful grid of network computers.
All of the above mentioned elements are weighed by Google into an overall score. If you have optimized well in all areas and have reviewed your competition and their strategy, you will end up with a good rank well for fairly competitive key terms. It is very important to that the more competitive your term is, the longer it will take to get on top but you will eventually and successfully get there.
How to Increase Visibility Online?
Do you need to reach the top? Here’s a 10-step plan called a “must do” SEO list offered by Technooyster one of the best digital marketing agency Pune which will help to improve your site visibility and also increase search-friendliness. The first five steps mainly focus on your website’s HTML code, while the latter five are more abstract.
- Title tag
Description: <title>SEO Company In Pune – Technooyster.com</title>
- This is most important of all. If you have the title tag set up right, and it’s a unique enough phrase, you could easily rank on page one for this alone.
- Write your keywords early in the title, and place your company name last unless you are an established brand or have a huge brand.
- Meta tags
- Description of Content <meta name=”description” content=””/>. Your page content description has to be placed between the blank quotes with a call to action statement like, “Sign up here,” or “Call us at 777406091.”
- Keywords<meta name=”keywords” content=””/>. Always place keywords between the quotation marks after “content,” separated by commas. Google ignores this, but it appears that other search engines still review it.
- Header Tags
- H1–This HTML tag consist of your core keywords, one per page.
- H2–This HTML tag consists of derivatives of the keywords.
- Content: It is always ideal to use content that matches the keywords on your site. Ideally you should have 400 to 800 words on a page.
- Bolding: Always include bold keywords that match your topic/theme on the page.
- Creating a blog: WordPress is an amazing blog site that is absolutely free. It can also be easily optimized via plug-ins. Once you create your blog in it, write entries twice a week.
- To create popularity and reputation around keywords, links and anchor text can be used. For example: don’t link to just “click here,” but create a better link like, “download the digital camera white paper”.
- Outbound links helps you link to another authority site with reference to your topic
- Reciprocal links join link exchanges and contact partners to exchange links
- One-way links refers to other sites link to your blog, press releases or articles. They are considered to be typically more effective than outbound and reciprocal links.
- If you are starting a new website, we suggest that you try to get an established URL or even purchase it if you have to.
Always use keywords in an easy-to-remember domain. Google recognizes domains that have been around and establishes credibility. You can also avoid the Google Sandbox where you don’t show up potentially in the index for months.
- Always Users first next search engine
- Ensure that the content of your websites are both valuable and readable. The content should always be optimized keeping in mind the users first and then you should take into account the search engines. You will be unsuccessful if you have optimized the content for search engines only and if no users stick around your website.
- You should be sure that the directory structures, navigation and file names are well defined. Here are a few suggestions we would like to share with you to solve this.
- Develop a flat directory structure which is not more than three levels deep
- Name your keywords in the file name (For example: content-management-system.htm)
- Research of Keyword
- The most important aspect while increasing your website visibility is the choice and number of keywords. The development of keywords is one of the first places to start. You can include two to three keywords per page.
- Use the following tools:
- Yahoo! Search Marketing/Overture
- Google’s Keyword Tool
- SEO Book keywords tool.
- Always try to include keywords that have higher search counts. It is good to have above 20,000 searches for your keyword. This greatly depends upon the type of your industry.
- You can have a high success score by combining the items listed in the first five steps above.
- Keep Track of your Competitors
- To have an edge over your competitors you have to keep track of what the competition is doing. All you have to do is fist type in your search term into a search engine and locate the top three to five of results. When you look at these sites you will get an idea as to what they are doing in the HTML (on-page) areas and linking (off-page) areas.
- If you need to find out how many sites are linking to your competition, just type “link: http://localhost/Technooyster//” into Google. You can do the same in Yahoo! too. You’ll see a higher count in Yahoo! because it is more all-inclusive.
- Keep Calm and Be Relaxed
- Do not lose your cool. SEO is considered to be a long-term commitment and you might have a few ups and downs as some weeks are great and others may not necessarily be so.
- It is a serious long-term investment of sweat and time, sweat. The SEO experts of Technooyster suggest that the following factors will surely attribute to your success online:
- You should incorporate a natural approach with reference to your content and website design
- It is always ideal to be ethical and not Spam
- Keep it more realistic as nothing comes free in any business
One needs to keep in mind that internet or search marketing is multi-faceted. The traditional marketing teachers would advise to build a more comprehensive plan for marketing. But keeping in mind the current internet scenario we suggest that you incorporate the following which will surely help you to create a buzz around your products and services
- Work the online factors
- Create a sound strategy around offline marketing
- Using ideas which include phone, postcards, sales work, and ads in trade magazines, word of mouth and other additional tactics.
It is very clear and apparent that if search engine optimization is applied correctly it will lead to the creation of better visibility online. Although it is just one part of your overall marketing strategy you can contact us for helping you succeed in this regard.
Technooyster is considered to be an authority on the subject of search engine optimization having many years of experience in developing websites and marketing solutions for various companies in Pune. For any further queries you can contact our qualified SEO experts and have a clearer picture about both SEO and search marketing.