AN IN-DEPTH INSIGHT ON SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING(SEM) AND HOW IT IS HELPFUL
you are wondering what Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is, you are not alone. There are a lot of digital marketing terms sounding synonymous but are actually different.
In the blog, we aim at giving you an idea of SEM fundamentals and how it helps. So let’s begin:
what is SEM?
SEM is the abbreviation of Search Engine Marketing. It is an act of using paid strategies to increasing the search visibility of the site. Various brands pay for ads to appear as search results on search engine result pages (SERPs). SEM was initially used as an umbrella term for SEO as well, but today SEO is differentiated on the basis of different strategies it uses.
With SEM, brands pay for ads to display on SERPs. The target selects the keywords so that when a user searches the keywords, the brand’s ad is popped up. However, the brand ad pops up; it is charged only when it is clicked.
Common SEM Fundamental Terms
While trying to come across SEM, we must encounter the word pay per click marketing.
Pay Per Click Marketing
PPC is a marketing strategy in which the brand creates a digital ad and is charged each time user clicks it. PPC is not always related to SEM; when pay-per-click ads are shown in the search results, they are SEM. Though PPC is an SEM tactic, it is also referred to as a type of social or display ad marketing.
Search Engine Marketing keywords are the terms and phrases that are targeted in search engine marketing.
The SEM targeting keywords tell the search platform when to show ads with some added parameters such as:
- Location Targeting
- Ad schedule targeting
- Demographic Targeting
- Device Targeting
SEO or Search Engine Optimization
It is the process of improving the both quality and quantity of website traffic to a webpage or website. It targets unpaid traffic.
SMM or Social Media Marketing
SMM attracts visitors through ads or campaigns related to marketing networks.
SERP or Search Engine Result Page
It is a format for users to enter search keywords upon which the search engine gives the searches.
How To Improve SEM Results
A] Do Keyword Research
One of the best keys to attaining SEM success is choosing The best keywords to target. You can improve the target keywords by a research-based on factors like:
- Does the target audience use it
- Does your work end in the sales funnel?
B] Create compelling ad campaigns
The advertisement so made should intrigue readers to click on it, which means it has to be compellingly good.
c] Improve the Quality score of the advertisement
A high-quality score helps SEM show ads more often at less price. There have to be more keywords in both ad copies and landing pages to improve the quality score.
How SEM Helps/ Benefits Of Search Engine Marketing
- It Increases Brand Awareness :- Google search ads allow the brands to expose their brand names as ad’s headlines, content, display URL links, or extension links. Therefore, these paid ad version creates high awareness of their brand.
- Implement ads easily and quickly :- Google ads allow you to set up a schedule for each of your ads campaign. You can. run or stop the ads. Also, you can set a budget and view the performance speed of campaigns, which helps you to optimize the ad campaign.
- It Creates Location Targetted Ads :- SEM allows deciding targets as per the location. The ads appear in different languages in flexible schedules. It allows specifying the country, city, or a particular region it has to appear.
- Appears In Competitors Search Result :- As SEM’s best practice, it allows you as a competitor to appear on search results on your competitors’ keyword search. Hence, giving both exposure and chances of conversion of prospects from competitors to your customers.
Technooyster, an SEO company in Pune, has already helped several enterprises uplift businesses. We have rendered our SEO services in Pune that have benefitted clients to increasing their site’s visibility, increasing engagement eventually increasing sales and leads. To know more about us, browse our site or reach out to our experts