SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIES USED BY AAM AADMI PARTY
Who said that social media marketing strategies can be used only business purposes? The recent election campaigns have proved that they can be effectively utilized for election propaganda also. With due respects to the mandate of the people and other strategies of the party, it should not be forgotten that social media also played a crucial role in the landslide victory in Delhi elections for Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). As a leading social media marketing company in Pune, it presents us a wonderful case study to analyze the strategies used by AAP. Let us have a look in it.
AAP clearly understood the need for being connected with the common man of Delhi to bring laurels. With smart phones and digital technology present in each and every household what can be a better way other than social media to achieve this feat? They realized the true potential of social media marketing and created their strategies to ensure its maximum utilization. Obviously they relied on Facebook and Twitter, the top two social media platforms in India.
Salient features of strategy:
- AAP excellently used it resources of fans and followers. AAP has around 3.5 lakhs and 4.5 lakhs of Facebook fans and Twitter followers, and they leveraged it brilliantly to reach the voters. And at the end of elections, AAP not only had an outstanding win but also more than million likes on their Facebook page!
- It should be noted that it is very easy to post anything in social media, but the sweetness of success can be achieved only when it penetrates through mass shares. AAP utilized the services of Thunderclap, a crowd speaking digital platform, to create awareness about their election manifesto and make people hear what they say. Unsurprisingly, most of the Twitter Facebook users allowed Thunderclap to post the messages on their timeline.
- AAP also availed the services of Google+ and had the largest set of engagements among all other parties. They cleverly used Google+ Hangouts for effective communication with each and every election booth and be in touch with their voters.
- The engrossing posts of AAP made all the fans to like and share them. The quality of contents was exemplary and perhaps acted as a stimulant to be shared and become viral.
- AAP used Twitter for three-fourth of their social media connections. All election campaign news, announcements, and relevant information of AAP were instantaneously communicated through twitter. As a matter of fact, all other print and digital news media were following their twitter handles for updates. This not only increased their reach but also augmented the brand value of AAP.
It’s no denying fact that BJP’s social media campaigns were also robust and effective. Social media dominance alone did not win elections for AAP and for that matter in near future it cannot turn the table for any party. By virtue of vast experience in social media management and as a digital marketing agency in Pune, we can confidently say that social media strategies benefitted AAP to connect with the targeted people and spread awareness about their campaigns.