9 Facts We Need To Inculcate In Our Mindsets During The Current National Lockdown
The ongoing coronavirus pandemic is claiming thousands of lives around the globe. However, through the diligent and prompt actions taken by Indian government officials and healthcare professionals, we were able to curb the outbreak to a great extent which was commended by several other nations as well.
Unfortunately, during these testing times, when we’re all trying to hold strong as a nation and make sensible choices, I was also troubled by the misinformation, pointless arguments and obstinate claims made by some people online and offline.
So, l felt the need to share the following (heartfelt) facts with everyone (at least the ones reading this article) and make a stand against such misguided and morally corrupt information.
- We need to keep in mind that unlike other diseases which spread due to mosquitoes or rats, we are the carrier of COVID 19 disease. It is just like a chain; if we break the chain, it won’t spread forward. So, we need to be very alert in this regard and practise social distancing at all costs.
- One of the biggest myths regarding coronavirus is that it cannot be transmitted in hot and humid weather but the fact is COVID 19 can be transmitted in all areas irrespective of the climate conditions as specified in the WHO report.
- Be serious NOW or Regret forever… Also, we need to stop making jokes about this disease over social media; because it isn’t. It has killed thousands of people across the globe. As per the WHO (World Health Organization), its risk assessment level is significantly HIGH.
- People who are still thinking about the economy rather than human beings, it’s my humble request to prioritize human lives because: “JAAN HAI TO JAHAN HAI, LOG HI NAHI RAHENGE TO ECONOMY KA KYA KAROGE”… (If there is life; there is a world. What would you do with an economy without enough human lives to sustain it)
- Advice to people who are still fighting based on caste or religion: This Virus is neutral. It will never ask your religion before attacking you. So please stop this stupidity and be a sensible human being by focusing on saving your own life and your loved one’s lives.
- Note to those people who always complain that they are busy and do not have time to sit and close eyes: Well, here you are… In this era, where our lifestyle has become so hectic that people don’t have time to take care of their health and their loved ones, people persistently blamed our work for it (even I do). But now due to this disease, when it’s necessary to stay at home and care for our families, they wish to roam outside without any reason as if they have supernatural powers and this virus won’t affect them. Just think about those people who are working for us day and night just to save us from this pandemic. Have you ever imagined how their families must be feeling as of now? It’s a highly crucial time for all human beings to show humanity.
- People who are addicted to fitness: As all gyms are closed, people are expressing more worry and concern about their exercise routines. Just ask one question to yourself: Even if you’re given the chance to go to the gym, will you really do your workout faithfully? Without gathering for group discussions? Do you really think that everyone in your gym is 100 % immune to this virus? It’s all about mindset, if you genuinely want to be healthy, exercise at home. You can perform basic exercises at home and everyone should especially do pranayama (Breathing exercises) on a regular basis.
- This disease is not limited to a specific age. It can affect people of all age groups. However, older people and people with pre-existing medical conditions (like asthma, diabetes, heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill due to this virus.
- Be aware of computer viruses as well: As the majority of people are working from home, this has increased the internet and social network usage. And to know the updates regarding coronavirus, people are carelessly checking all the websites and links that they find. Do not forget, whatever happens, there will always be some ill-minded people who will deliberately try to harm us by spreading websites with malicious codes. So, be careful regarding which link to open and which not to open. For any update regarding COVIV 19, check the official website of WHO: https://www.who.int/
- This scale of the crisis is going to cause more people to suffer from depression and anxiety. So, this is the time to stop looking outside and start looking inside. Everyone needs to be strong emotionally and mentally. Meditate regularly. In order to overcome depression and anxiety, we need to adopt healthy habits.
Also, here are some essential hygiene and safety precautions to practice:
- Clean your home and Sanitize all your gadgets.
- Start eating healthy.
- Do breathing exercises on a regular basis
- Clean hands frequently with alcohol-based hand wash.
- If you have symptoms like fever, cough, difficulty in breathing; just stay away from others not because you are discriminated against but because this is just common sense.
- Right now, not taking action is more important than taking action. So, please avoid traveling and social gatherings as much as possible.
And to end this article on a healthier note, here’s a fantastic recipe of ‘Homemade Herbal Green Tea’ which I implore you to try and consume regularly:
Ingredients required for two cups of herbal green tea:
- Water 2 cups
- green tea – 2 teaspoon ( I prefer Organic India Tulsi Green Tea Classic )
- Jaggery – As per taste
- Grated ginger- 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder- 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder – half teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cloves powder – 1/3 teaspoon
- Basil leaves – 3-4 leaves
Preparation method :
Boil the required amount of water. Add green tea, jaggery, cardamom powder, Cinnamon powder, black pepper powder, cloves powder, and basil leaves and let the water boil again for 5 more minutes. And your tea is ready! (best served hot!)
We certainly cannot control future situations in our life but we are 100% responsible for the actions we take today. At least take care of yourself and your loved ones. And god-forbid if you do get infected, make sure it stops at you and doesn’t spread.
Be Alert, Be kind and Stay Healthy 🙂